Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Amazing Creation


Today is the baby's check-up appointment for Janice. I took 2-hour off from work this morning to go with daddy and mommy to the doctor's office. The appointment time was 9:30AM and there were so many expectant mothers sitting there waiting. I think it was a little awkward for me to be there but auntie Sydney just wants to see how the baby swim inside mommy's tummy and hear the baby's heartbeat. I was extremely excited and it's really interesting to see all the moms-to-be have different sizes of tummy. Janice is probably the youngest, prettiest, and happiest mommy. =)

I started to have conversation with a mother who brought a 2-year old boy with her. She is having her 4th baby. The first three children are all boys, ages 2, 4, & 6, and this one is a girl. They are all two years apart. Can you imagine four kids running around in the house?

While we were waiting, a lady came in to drop off something and she is a pastor's wife I know from another church. After that, another lady came in to the receptionist to make an appointment and you know what, she is someone from work! We were astonished when we saw each other. What a coincidence! Later, I saw this lady whose face is very familiar but couldn't remember where I met her. Then I went up to her and asked her whether she knows me. Then she asked me, "do you work at the district?" haha...found out that she is the parent who came to my office for her kid's testing. What a small world! It's surprising to see so many familiar faces at the doctor's office.

It was my first time hearing the baby's heartbeat and seeing the baby from the ultrasound. The doctor said that the baby was kneeling down praying. So cute. I saw the baby's head, eyes, body, and two skinny legs. It's fascinating to see a new life swimming inside mommy's tummy. God is amazing. His creation is beyond my understanding and I praise Him because His work is wonderful. I thank Him because we are all wonderfully made. =)

After the check-up, I went to get some creampuffs before heading back to the office. Beard Papa's creampuffs are pretty good, but just a little pricey.