Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kids Sunday School

Praise the Lord for the opportunity to help out the first & second grades kids Sunday school the past Sunday. It was quite interesting. Kids have great memory. They actually know and able to learn more than we think.

The Bible story is from Luke 4:14-21, about Jesus teaching in the synagogue, reading the scroll of the prophet Isaiah.

Jesus came to......
preach good news to the poor.
proclaim freedom for the prisoners.
recover the sight for the blind.
release the oppressed.
proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.

I asked the kids why they come to church. They gave me the answers like, "to worship God, to learn more about God, to get close to God, and to think of God...." I'm very impressed with these 6 and 7-year-old kids. I thought they would say that they come to church to see friends, to play, to eat lunch...haha =)

We then made our own scrolls with Bible verses, played a game to give out prizes, and ended with prayers.

A 7-year-old girl asked me, "why did Pastor Will mary you?" I said, "why? you have to ask him!" Then she asked again, "why did you marry Pastor Will?" I answered, "because I love him!" I don't know if that's the answer she's looking for, but I'm sure she is curious about Will and me, as a couple.