Friday, January 29, 2010

Bucket in the Bathroom


Yesterday at work, a 5th grade boy from Philippine came to our office for language test. During the testing, he asked me where the bathroom is. I walked him to the restroom and waited outside. After awhile, I heard him flushing the toilet. But he didn't come out. So I waited and wondered what was taking him so long. Then I heard him flushing the toilet again for the second time. Still, he didn't come out.

I was thinking maybe I should ask someone, a guy, to go into men's room to check on him. Then he opened the restroom door just a little bit and asked me, "where is the bucket?" I said, "what do you need a bucket for?"

Silence for a few seconds and it was a little awkward, a little embarrassing.

The boy said, "to wash my butt."

Errrrr.... how does this work?!?!?!
I said, "I don't have a bucket..........."

He shut the door and probably did what he had to do.

So, I googled it and found this on youtube. In Philippine, you need buckets in the bathroom, in order for you to scoop the water to wash hands, flush toilet, or I guess, wash your butt.