Sunday, June 03, 2007

Big Bear Camping Trip Day 2

It was hard to fall asleep the first night. I could hear people snoring from different tents around my tent; it was like a surround sound. I was still awake at 4AM and then I probably fell asleep for a little bit. Then I heard the birds chirping and people started to get up early around 5ish, especially the kids.

Despite my first sleepless night, it was still refreshing in the morning on the mountain. Clean air, warm sunshine, and beautiful scenery. We had an outdoor Sunday service after breakfast. We sang worship songs and followed by a short message. It's just so wonderful that we can praise and worship our amazing God anywhere and anytime!
After the Sunday service, we divided into different groups for a variety of activities, such as fishing, hiking, visiting the zoo, kayaking, etc. We decided to go to the zoo with the kids and see some mountain animals. There are so many unique animals that are rarely seen in the regular zoo.
Our next stop was Alpine Slide where you take the lift to the top and then ride the sled down the long cement slide. It was so much fun, something exciting for both adults and kids. =)
It seems like our schedule moves at least two hours early on the mountain. We get up early, eat early, and sleep early. I guess there is more time without TVs and internet access. It was again our dinner time to continue eating our short ribs, salads, and watermelons. I had great appetite and it's me eating again.
We had bonfire that night and had a lot of fun playing group games, roasting sausages and marshmallows, and cooking different types of instant noodles to keep us warm. 10 o'clock, lights out.

More Photos (Click the Links):

To be continued...