Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Surprise from God

In the beginning of the year, our church planned to start a parking lot project due to the limited parking spaces. Being part of the big family, we are encouraged to participate the project by giving more offering than the regular tithe. I really think there is a need to have a bigger parking lot so we don't have to spend too much time looking for a parking spot when going to the church or park our cars on the muddy field. Actually it's a good sign that more and more people are coming to the church!

I was debating with how much I could give when I first knew about the project. Beside the tithe offering...how much I can give? I remembered I was sitting in the front of the church asking myself whether I can give another tithe for the parking lot project. Honestly, it was a hard decision to make before God even though deep in my heart I know His heart will be blessed when I offer Him more. I don't make much but God always provides for me. I know He has blessed me so much. Why am I holding back what belongs to Him and have so little faith in Him after receiving so much?!

Offering is an expression of love and obedience to God. I took the step of faith and decided to trust in Him completely. Jesus Himself said, "It's more blessed to give than to receive!" God is faithful and his promises never fail. Yesterday, God surprised me with an extra check, money from a salary raise from work. I am so thankful. It's truly a blessing from above!

I think God is humorous....

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. (Malachi 3:10)

Ready for His blessing?