Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Valentine's Day

Surprise in the morning: Red roses. Got tricked by my mom and Janice. It's a long story but if you can read Chinese, you can read it on Janice's blog. It is indeed a very romantic surprise! I love those beautiful roses. There are 17 roses...I've been thinking about the meaning behind the number "17." The answer turned out to be easy and simple...should be 18 (one and half dozens) but the flower shop miscounted.

Dinner: Shabu Shabu House Restaurant in Little Tokyo. Alright, I have to make a confession: I went to the school that day and even parked my car in the parking lot on campus...but...but...but I didn't go to the class. =P Enjoyed the shabu shabu very much and also had some Japanese fried octopus balls. Yum!

First Dessert: Pinkberry frozen yogurt in West Hollywood. Janice gave the wrong address! It's not the one she went last time. We ordered the original flavor with fresh strawberries & blueberries. The place is too small so we headed to another location in Melrose.
Second Dessert: Pinkberry frozen yogurt in Melrose. We met up with Janice and Will. This time we tried the green tea flavor with oreo cookies & granolas. It is a weird combination. I think original tastes better!

Late Night Snack: Pink's Hotdogs. I think we were crazy. After eating dinner and desserts, we even wanted to have hotdogs! I guess we just couldn't resist the smell of grilled onion and chili. It is just down the block next to Pinkberry so we walked there and the line was long. The crazy part is that we waited one hour and 10 minutes to just order the hotdogs and it was freezing cold. We had Mullholland Drive Dog (10" stretch dog grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, nacho cheese & bacon.) Martha Stewart Dog (10" Stretch dog, relish, onions, baconchopped tomatoes, sauerkraut & sour cream.) and a mild polish dog. The hotdog is really good. Wooo..I am hungry again by thinking about it!

Surprise of the night: Homemade heart-shaped blueberry cake/muffin. Wow...I was really surprised when I opened the box. I like the blueberry muffin at starbucks but this one is definitely way much better! Very sweet...so touched..