Monday, May 04, 2009

Travel Journal

Happy May!

It's hard to believe how time flies by so fast as we step into a brand new month. I think this blog is now becoming more like a travel journal. It took me awhile to finish blogging on our 17-day winter trip to Taiwan and now I have more to write from our recent trip to the island of Kauai. We planned this last minute 5-day getaway to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Yes, it has been one year! We'd thanked each other for loving/bearing one another for the entire year. =P

It all started with me. One day I just came home from work and simply told hubby that I was taking certain days off. (What a great way for a wife to give her husband the "hint!") We booked everything on Wednesday and left the next morning.

We love Hawaii. We love the natural wonders. We love the laid back island lifestyle. Kauai, the garden island paradise, is treasured for its magnificent scenery and lush rainforest. The mountain in the middle of the island is actually the wettest place on earth. God just loves to water this place to make it so greeny. To me, it's a place for outdoor-lovers like us, JUST KIDDING! For people like us, who don't move or exercise at all, it was quite an experience for us throughout the trip as we tried different activities to challenge our physical abilities/limits.

More to come, stay tuned.....