Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Handsome Husband

A Korean parent took her child to our office for the language test this morning. While the mom was waiting for her child, she saw the two photo frames that my co-worker has put on one of the shelves in the office. These are the small glass frames we had as our wedding favor. She stood up and took a closer look of those photos and looked at me with a confused face. I thought she wanted to know if that was me in the photo so I said, "It's me. I just got married."

Then, with her limited English and surprising voice she said, "DIFFERENT!"
(What does that supposed to mean?!?!?! Yes, I agree that I look different and that's because I spent a lot of money on a professional make-up artist to do my make-up and hair.)

After a few seconds, this mom said this with a loud and impressive voice, "Your husband is handsome!"
(I said, "Thank You!" and thinking in my mind that he didn't have any make-up on at all....ok...thank you mom for your compliment. My husband looks handsome and I am "different"........