Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Our mails got stolen!!!

Last Friday night my dad was doing his bills and he wrote all the checks and had them ready to send out. He thought he might forget to mail these payments so he put them in our mailbox on Friday night around eight. He'd never put mails at night before. It was very unusual for him to do that.....so the next morning, which was Saturday, around 7:30, my parents found that all the mailboxes on our street were open!! Our mail got stolen!! My dad got so worried cuz' he wrote eight checks for all the payments for the credit card, water, electricity, hospital, gardening, waste management and other two stuff.

We think it's better to have a police report on this. Since I didn't know what number to call, I dialed 911 for the first time! Well, the operator told me that I should not call 911 for non-emergency case. About 10 minutes later, a sheriff came over to our house and the sheriff said that we should NEVER put any bills in our mailbox, which is used for receiving mails. We spent a lot of time doing a very detail police report. Besides that, we made a lot of phone calls to the bank and credit card company.

What happened to our neighborhood safety and security??
The moral of the story is....never put your mails in your mailbox at night. If you need to send your payments by mail, go to the post office!!! Be careful everyone! =)