Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trip to OC

I took a day off last Thursday to spend a day with my family and in-laws. Too bad hubby needed to work on that day. We took grandma to visit my in-laws for the first time. It was very interesting that we were all at hubby's house without him being there. We had a great time chatting like a tea party and also had a tour of the beautiful backyard. Then we went out for lunch and began our one day trip along the coast high way in Orange County.

Here are the places we visited:

Newport Beach/Balboa Island
We took the auto ferry for the direct route to Balboa Island. It was a short ride but the scenic crossing was very enjoyable.

Corona Del Mar
This place reminds me the sweet memory of the time when hubby and I started to date. Grandma laughed when I told her that hubby took me there to watch the sunset on our first date. Laguna Beach
Laguna is a very artistic city. The coastal scenery even makes it more attractive. A photo with my in-laws. It's a joy just to stand there to feel the sunshine and breeze on the face. Big Will finally gets time to have fun with us. =) Lovely couple.Dana Point
By the time we got to Dana Point, it was almost sunset. There're so many sailboats there in the harbor. It's a very romantic place....since hubby wasn't there, I'd just have to hold Zoya. heehee =P Meimei is my little precious!The view from the top of the hill is breathtaking. My favorite of the day.

Roger's Garden
This was our last stop of the one-day trip. The garden is free of charge and it's so pretty with all the sparkling Christmas lights and decorations. Grandma was super excited that she got to see all the Christmas trees and deco in different colors. Mom, Grandma, & Mom-in-law in the "color red zone."Ruth & Grandma standing next to this well decorated shiny tree.